Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Updates and recipes

It's been a while since I last posted so my apologies. I have been promising a few friends some recipes so I'll try to post them on here when I get the rare chance to sit at my computer. By the grace of God, both of my children are taking a nap right now. Alex has almost completely forgone his nap although I really hate this transition time. He is super duper cranky in the evenings without one but he goes to bed at a decent hour. When he has one, he's in a great mood in the evenings, but he wants to party like a rock star past 10 p.m. What to do?! Despite what some parents (who don't know what it's like having a 3 year old) say, it's not a behavior issue. I choose to not make him nap and therefore we have a decent, peaceful bed time. :) Otherwise, Alex continues to be crazy and full of energy. Just the other day he told, "you're such a drama queen, mama." Thanks, Alex!

As for Nicolas, the helmet continues to bring lots of attention his way. I tend to forget because during the day when school is in session, the crowds aren't too large, and lately we've been meeting a lot of people who either had a child of their own or know of a child who was previously in one so that's been pretty cool to experience. During spring break, however, the stares and comments were crazy! It's like a part of him now so I don't notice it unless my face is being beaten with sweet kisses from my baby boy.

As for progress, at our last appointment 3 weeks ago, we didn't see any change or improvement. We go for another appointment with the orthotist tomorrow and I'm pretty sure we've seen some improvement but the numbers will tell us. It looks a lot better and I think that's because he had a growth spurt just before his 9 month birthday. (the head reshapes with growth.) As for his growth, he continues to be very tall and very thin with a large head. HA! :) 85th percentile height, 90th percentile head, and 12th percentile weight. Awesomeness! Doc said although his weight %s went down, he wasn't concerned because height %s went up and we all know the head went up too. heehee I'll post more about #s regarding his plagiocephaly improvement once we visit Mr. Robert tomorrow.

I got to meet sweet Alicia, my beautiful niece, on the day she was born, and I finally posted a picture on facebook. Here we are again.






I love that sweet little girl and so does Alex. Per the usual, he's convinced that we changed Nicolas' name to Alicia and now keeps referring to his baby brother as such. Fun times!

I'll post a recipe for mole next.

No comments: