Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day

We have had a wonderful Labor Day weekend, and I have been spoiled by having Eddy home since last Wednesday. It's been great...Eddy's been letting me sleep in, and nothing is easier than having 2 parents to manage a fussy teething baby. I have the best husband ever! Ahhh..those days will soon be over as Eddy head back to work this Tuesday. It was great while it lasted and my stress/caffeine eye twitch still persists. Ah well. I guess that's life!

We have managed to convince Alex to try whole milk via a sippy cup in the past 2 days in place of his lunch bottle. He still doesn't understand the concept of drinking large quantities from a sippy cup, unless there's juice in there, but we're hoping we get there sooner than later. Eddy and I are both very motivated people, so we're hoping to have the bottle be out of the house by Alex's 1st birthday....only time will tell. We have 2 bottles to go (breakfast and dinner).

We had a visit from Eddy's college (undergrad) roommate, Martin, and his beautiful family this past Saturday. Alex enjoyed meeting Jack and Kyle Prati, and we had a couple of hours of baby bliss in our living room. Jack absolutely loved Bubba, and Kyle was happy as ever with whichever toy we presented him. Alex attempted to give love pats to Jack and Kyles' heads. The Pratis are a wonderful and loving family, and we had a great time seeing them this weekend.

Otherwise, Eddy is being Mr. Handyman around the house, and I love it! :-) We now have ceiling fans...yea fun! I'm convinced that Eddy is now electrically brilliant, and I'm going to try to convince him to change our light fixtures in the house...we'll see! :-)

No comments: