Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Couples Eating

I've heard this mentioned twice this week by two different people so I just had to put my thoughts down. I use to think that I was a complete weirdo because of this issue. From the moment that Eddy and I started dating, I always felt compelled to eat as much as he did, whether we'd go out to eat or stayed in. At home, for some strange reason, I always felt the need to serve ourselves equal portions and then of course came the self-inflicted guilt over finishing everything on the plate. When we'd order a pizza, I had this strange urge to eat as many slices. It wasn't until a year of heartburn, an IBS diagnosis, and a colonoscopy later that I decided to change that mentality.

Now that I've heard it brought up twice, I don't feel so bad talking about it with others. I just wonder if this is why I've always tended to gain weight when I first started dating somebody. Weird topic to write about, I know...it was just fresh on my mind.

Happy to report though that tummy issues have been resolved. :-)

No comments: