Sunday, February 28, 2010

Don't eat that!

With Alex and with this pregnancy, I have pretty much stuck to my guns with following all of the dietary restrictions that go along with being pregnant.  For me, they are as follows:

-limited caffeine intake (maybe 3 servings/week)
-no meds with the exception of Tylenol
-no cold sandwich meat
-limited tuna (3 oz of chunk white/week and 6 oz of chunk light/week)
-no teas or other herbal supplements
-no artificial sweeteners (i.e. Diet drinks, splenda, sweet n low)
-no red meat less than well done
-no bean sprouts
-no fresh cheeses
-no alcohol (that goes without saying)

When in doubt, I always err on the side of caution. I figured that 9 months of precautions is absolutely a small price to pay for having a healthy baby. Well, now that I have a bad cold with severe congestion, I decided that it would be okay to take benadryl (my doctor ok-ed it) and have been taking Tylenol twice a day to help reduce the inflammation. I even drank some hot decaf tea to help with the congestion...**big gasp** I feel like such a bad pregnant girl! I'm living on the edge! Someone please slap me.

No comments: