Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

Today I am 35 weeks, 5 days pregnant with Nicolás Andrés. :-) I realized that I haven't typed as much as I did with Alex but I figured that I still (God-willing) have plenty of time to make up for it with only 4 work days left in this school year. I have officially completed my CFY and I couldn't be happier. Once I mail in my money and applications, I should be a fully certified speech/language pathologist, a journey I began in August 2005....WOW, what a relief! :-)

This pregnancy has hands down been much easier than with Alex. That could be because of the fact that I am not in graduate school nor am I commuting 3 hours a day. Of course, this school year hasn't been easy pickens as an itinerant SLP at 4 campuses but I certainly haven't felt the pressure I did in grad school. With this little guy, I have had a little bit of nausea, but I haven't had the carpal tunnel syndrome, severe back and hip pain, anaphylaxis. Of course, I also have a very active 2 1/2 year old little boy to take my mind off of things. :-)

As of this week, Alex is really starting to talk about his baby brother by name and is jumping into his crib. He's such a sweet boy! I'm praying for a smoother recovery from the c-section with Nicolás than I had with Alex so just trying to stay positive. In the meantime, we're hoping to get the cause of Alex's respiratory issues figured out so that the little man can actually have a day without a cough. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers please.

We're very excited about meeting our 2nd little man so keep your eyes open. Hopefully it won't be for another 3 weeks, 2 days. :-)

No comments: