Sunday, May 2, 2010

Large & In Charge

These days as I creep on my 32nd week of pregnancy, I can't help but to stare at the large growth that is my belly. I know I'm only going to get bigger but somehow I keep hoping that I won't get that much larger (haha, dream on Ronnie.) I guess what "they" say is true that my body already knows how to have a baby so we're certainly reaching all of those tiresome milestones really early (discomfort while sleeping and all the aches and pains.) I am looking forward to meeting our little man but I'm certainly really worried about a lot of stuff.

First and foremost, I'm really worried about how Alex will handle his transition from only child to big brother. I'm worried about leaving him for the 2 nights I'll need to sleep at the hospital, and I can only hope that Eddy's mom and my dad will make him feel extra special for those days that I need to be at the hospital.

In close second, I'm of course worried about having major surgery but what really concerns me is the recovery and how managing a very active 2 1/2 year old and a newborn will pan out. After having Alex, I was in tremendous pain. That could be because of the uterine infection, the 21 hours of labor followed by c-section, or it could have just been what everybody else who has a c-section feels.  Or all of the above. I dunno...only time will tell obviously but I'm praying and hoping that the Lord will get me (and my family of course) through the difficult part gracefully. :-)

Third, I'm worried about going into early labor. At this point, the little man has a very good chance but I continue to remain thankful for the amazing job my body is doing at keeping him healthy and safe. I count my blessings every day. 

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the last 7 weeks of having Alex as my only child. My hormones are raging and I keep getting emotional, annoyed, and upset very easily. I urge anyone that has any bad news to bear to tread lightly and only relay negative messages if they are absolutely necessary. :-) I also urge any of my Republican friends to keep the conservative rhetoric to a minimum...this liberal Democrat will fight the decency I usually display and rip you a new one the second any hatred, ignorance, or racism spews from your mouth.  Thank you from this very cranky and fat pregnant woman. xoxo

No comments: