Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The anti-Aggie conspiracy

I am convinced that Longhorn fans, including retailers, merchandisers, and common people alike have such a strong dislike for Aggies and anything Texas A&M, that they have resorted to subtle anti-Aggie propaganda to discourage the future generation college-educated individuals from attending my prestigious alma mater. The Aggie jokes....we've all heard them! Let's also take, for example, the Texas college display at our local Academy Sports & Outdoors here in San Antonio. Why is the display for Longhorn paraphrenalia much larger than the Aggie display? Why is there only 1 option for little boys and 2 options for little girls in Aggie baby gear but at least 4 options for both boys and girls in Longhorn apparel? Why, also, is the Texas Tech gear display larger than the Aggie display? Now, THAT, is a disgrace...

And the anti-Aggie campaign, has even hit baby toys. Look at the face (albeit a little creepy) of Alex's toy phone purchased at our local grocery store...




Now, take a closer look at the mouth. Does that not look like the Longhorn symbol (bevo I think they call it) to you? Call me crazy...call me a conspiracy theorist, but I know underhanded techniques when I see them! My little man will be encouraged to consider all of his options when making the big decision of which college to attend. I will not brain wash him, either way, although he will begin to wear a 12th man jersey when I can get him one that fits. :-)

Gig 'em!!!!

No comments: