Saturday, September 20, 2008

Birthdays

It's been a while since my last post. First came my bday (the 9th) and then came Alex's (the 19th). Alex had a stomach virus that kept me too busy during my bday week to post any blogs and this past week had me planning a little family get together in honor of Alex's big day. The past two weeks have been hectic to say the least.

But now that it's over, I feel a mixture of emotions. I spent the last year waiting for this moment, and it came and went. We had a great week and a very nice time with our family today at the house. I guess it's just the bittersweet feeling parents get watching their baby grow up right before their very eyes. I'll stop being a completely mushy mom, but I feel very thankful to have all of our family and friends. Most importantly, I feel very thankful for having such a wonderful husband and amazing son. They are my world.

On another note, we had some setbacks with the bottle weaning due to Alex's tummy bug, but Eddy and I decided to be the big bad bottle weaning police and took it away cold turkey. We've had some fussing, but so far so good. 2 days without a bottle and counting! WOOHOO!

Happy 1st Birthday to My Love

No comments: