Monday, September 8, 2008

Potty Potty Everywhere

I have decided I am getting payback for my potty humor by having potty situations with Alex. It started off a couple of weeks ago when he took off his diaper and the poopie was everywhere in his crib (read my last blog), and this weekend his hand reached into the poopie that seaped out of his diaper while sitting in his car seat. We were driving on I-10 when Eddy and I smelled a horrific smell from the back. We thought Alex had just given us a big surprise in his diaper when we realized that the surprise wasn't such a surprise after all...it was all over his hand. Anyway, in order to spare you your lunch, Eddy managed to pull over and we cleaned up the situation quickly and efficiently (minimal wipes, no mess left). Eddy took my car to the car wash, and my car now has a nifty strawberry-scented tree hanging from the rear view.

Needless to say, we were horrified and amused all at the same time. It made me realize just how much our lives have changed since welcoming Alex to our family. Last year at this time, Eddy and I could carelessly make dinner plans, date night plans, movie plans, etc...now, we spend our Saturday afternoons at the flea market looking for junk and then cleaning up a potty filled car and baby. HA!

Bottle weaning update: 2 bottles down, 1 to go. WOOHOO!!!

No comments: